They could not be happier!
Thank God! I am pleased to report that we learned the following in clinic today and the docs said they could'nt be happier!
Really good appointment:
1) Function is still mildly depressed but slightly better than before
2) There are no more arrythmias
3) Labs were NOT TAKEN- the doctor did not think it was necessary because of how well he is doing!
4) Xray looked better than great
5) Valve regurgitations are both still mild
6) There were no new crappy scary findings
We also learned that Paul will be put on a small dose of enalapril to help with heart function now and in the future! Paul has weaned to just twice a day lasix and reflux meds and now the enalapril. He is in the 12% for weight and 7% for height. He is growing perfectly and was an angel at this appointment- he even fell asleep during his echo! He goes back to cardiology on December 10th. FOUR MONTHS- holy cow. We could not be happier. I also asked the fellow about the long term outcomes for babies with HLHS. I asked her if we would see these kids make it to there 3rd, 4th and 5th decades of life. She said “yes I do.” That’s a lot of hope, friends a whole lot of hope.
I texted with a dear old friend and sorority sister this morning and she reminded me of something I think I had lost sight of… “This is all part of Paul’s story…It’s hard to see the why sometimes but this will reveal itself at some point in his life.” A fearless heart is a faithful heart. Thanks for being part of our fearless and faithfuljourney. GO PAUL!